1. Drink at least 2-3 litres of water / fluids as it can help flush out the uric acid from the body.
2. Have foods that are
A. LOW IN PURINE: (Have as desired)
• All fruits
• Al most all Vegetables
• All fats / oils
• All milk products (Low fat)
• Vegetable Soups
• Other food items like: sugar, sweets, tea, coffee, all herbs and condiments are allowed, but only in limited amounts or in amounts prescribed.
B. MODERATE PURINE FOODS: (Have a small serve)
• Oat meal
• Wheat bran
• Wheat germ
• Cauliflower, brinjal, asparagus
• Green peas
• Dals, rajma, chowli
• Sapota, custard apple
• Meat - beef, lamb, pork, veal
• Fish and shellfish
C. HIGH PURINE FOODS:
• Organ meats
• Fish roe
3. Maintain a desirable body weight.
4. Also, avoid low-carbohydrate diets that are high in protein and fat, which can increase hyperuricemia.
5. Start walking for 30 mins on daily basis to help you maintain weight.
6. Avoid alcohol.